What is Quarkcoin (QRK)
Quarkcoin, abbreviated QRK is currently one of the most secure coins as it uses multiple hashing functions. It uses 9 rounds of hashing from 6 hashing functions. 3 rounds will apply a random hashing fuction.
Due to the block reward halving every 3 weeks most coins have been mined already by the early adopters making mining useless at the current price. This coin has some nice features but it does seem that there is a huge advantage for the early adopters as they already have 247 of the 248 million coins in their possession.
- 9 rounds of hashing from 6 hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein).
- CPU mining only cryptocurrency
- Block target is 30 seconds so a new block is generated every 30 seconds on average
- 2048 QRK per block (halving every 60480 blocks ~ 3 weeks)
- Block reward will never drop below 1 QRK
- Total of 247 million QRK will be mined in ~ 6 months, after that ~ 1 million QRK p.a. (~ 0.5% p.a inflation)
- Difficulty retargets every 20 blocks (maximum 10% up or 50% down)
- The default port is 11973
- Launch Date: July 21th, 2013
I currently have no guide for QRK mining. There are also no binaries yet for any mining software. In this topic you can find some information about it but you’ll have to compile the binary by yourself from the source code.
QRK can be mined at the following pools:
Quarkcoin can be traded at the following Exchanges:
The Quarkcoin wallet can be downloaded from the official homepage: http://www.qrk.cc/
QRK Block Explorer
There are currently 3 block explorers for QRK:
Here’s a video which explains the workings of Quarkcoin: